Indeed a good Question!
Before you go ahead and invest in Logo design, you must probably answer this question first. Whether you need a Logo or not? Confused??
Answer the following for yourself and you’ll know-
- What are your short and long-term objectives as a business?
- Will you be using all types of marketing materials for your business?
- Are you really in competition with others to acquire your customers’ attention…the ‘Here I am’ type?
- Are you entering the well-established industry and getting your market share will be a fight?
- Are you vying for visibility?
If you’re weighing on the side of “No-Go on the logo,” then trust me- Fonts, colors, and imagery combined in unique interesting ways can be enough for you to establish a consistent brand identity.
But if you answered yes to these questions, you must be confused about ‘How’ to find that perfect Logo for your brand. Right?
Let me help you here, it’s pretty simple. Just try writing a one-sentence image and mission statement for your business to help focus your efforts. Stay true to this statement while creating your logo.
Now comes ‘What’ part, I mean what elements should be considered to have a good Logo. After all, it’s not the picture for your Facebook profile. It’s got to be okay if it looks pretty or edgy enough, right? Coz that’s where most people make a crucial mistake.
A Good Logo must be-
- Simple – clear, easy to be understood;
- Adjustable – to various screen types and formats, in any size;
- Scalable – good enough to be able to be scaled down or up and still look good;
- Relevant – easy to recognize and in accordance to your business type;
- Distinct – DO set yourself apart. DON’T look just like the competition;
- Timeless-DON’T be too trendy. DO aim for longevity.
- Memorable -DON’T be forgettable. DO leave an impression.